I wanted to share a somewhat new group in Lethbridge- the Lethbridge Vegan Potluck Group. I haven’t had a chance to go yet, being busy with the little one and all, but it sounds and looks like they have shared some really great meals together, as well as lots of useful information.
Check it out on facebook here.
A friend recently posted the question on facebook of where to take out as a vegetarian in Lethbridge.
I thought I’d share some of the responses:
- El Camal the veggie burrito and the veggie quesadilla super awesome!
- Song Thuan Vietnamese restaurant on 13th St. N. has a great tofu mushroom hot pot
- Dono Sushi— the veggie combo, 13$ can’t go wrong, a meal for two!
- Indian (Baadshah has a great lunch buffet, you can do take out and almost get 2 meals worth for $12!)
- the sushi place in park place mall- Umi Sushi Express. But they have a couple bento boxes for about $10, they aren’t on the menu, you have to ask for them.
And not really related, but, do any of the readers out there know where to get knives sharpened in Lethbridge? Mine are so dull!
Our apple tree is packed with apples this year- a nice reward for having none last year. About 2 weeks ago, they started turning red and falling- I don’t remember them being this early 2 years ago. Despite being super busy with baby, house renovations and just everyday living, we knew we couldn’t let them go to waste. I’ve been admiring Kevin’s apple crush for quite a while now, so we attempted our own. With baby strapped on, the three of us set up our assembly line of wash, cut, juice, squeeze resulting pulp for juice and collect juice in a primary fermenter. It took almost 6 hours! Although, baby bird did have a freak out about mid way, so dad had to finish the rest on his own.
Next year, (or next time; as our neighbors have now donated many of their apples to the cause) we will find a more efficient way to juice and press the apples. We just have a small household juicer and a big cheesecloth. When it was all over, we ended up with about 3 gallons of juice and the fellah at the wine store sold us some appropriate yeast. So, in it went, and now we wait..